Last updated: July 28, 2020
Your personal information
We collect only the personal information that we need to provide you with the Service. We do not sell your personal information and we do not publish it without your permission. We collect your:
- We need your email address to create an account for you, to provide you with access to that account and to send you invoices, updates and other essential information.
- This is your actual name, it lets your collaborators know who you are.
- This is your nickname, it lets us know how to address you.
Information you volunteer
We also collect any personal information you might volunteer through:
Audio and video correspondence
- When we have a conversation online, we might ask for your permission to record that conversation and keep the recording.
- When you email us, we will keep that correspondence, and the email address, for future reference.
Feedback and surveys
- When you send us feedback through “Feedback” or surveys, we will store that information for as long as it makes sense.
Analytics, cookies and tracking
Sharing of your information
The only times we share your information:
Providing the Service
- To provide you with the Service you requested, and only to the extent necessary, we use certain third party processors to process some or all of your personal information:
- Cloud storage provider.
- Cloud services provider.
- Email newsletter service.
- Transactional email service.
- Email hosting
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our
Terms of service
or as otherwise required by law. However we will not hand your information over to law enforcement unless a court order says we have to. And unless we are legally prevented from it, we will always inform you when such requests are made.
Safekeeping of your information
- Our Service is operated in Slovenia while our servers are located in Frankfurt, Germany. If you are located outside of Germany, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to Germany. By using our Service and/or providing us with your information, you agree to this transfer.
- We will store your information until the day you decide to delete it.
- All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. The database backups are also encrypted. Data is not encrypted while it is live in our database (since it needs to be ready to send to you when you need it), but we go to great lengths to secure your data at rest.
European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) gives people under its protection certain rights with respect to their personal information collected by us. These rights include:
Right of access
- Your right to access the personal information we collect about you and your right to obtain information about sharing, storage, security, transfer and processing of that information.
Right to complain
- Your right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with an appropriate supervisory authority.
Right to data portability
- Your right to receive the personal information we have about you and transmit it to another party.
Right to erasure
- Your right to have your personal information erased from our possession. Note that exercising this right may prevent you from using our Service and may result in closing of your account.
Right to not be subject to automated individual decision-making
- Your right to not have decisions made that could have legal or similarly significant effects on you based solely on automated processes. This right is limited if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable European law or is based on your explicit consent.
Right to object
- Your right, in certain situations, to object to the processing of your personal information.
Right to rectification
- Your right to have your personal information corrected.
Right to restriction of processing
- Your right, in certain situations, to have the processing of your personal information restricted.
Right to withdraw consent
- Your right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information. Note that exercising this right may prevent you from using our Service and will result in closing of your account.
We are extending most of these rights to anyone using our Service. You can exercise them by signing in and directly updating your account information.
We do not knowingly collect personal information (as defined under COPPA) from children. Children may view public Pengloo projects without creating a Pengloo account or providing any personal information. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to create, access, or use a Pengloo account.
Changes and questions
You can contact us anytime at